An Introduction to Crane Rail Installation
With the rapid development of the modern logistics industry, there is a higher requirement for managing the logistics of machinery and equipment. And it is not just about the transportation bit. Once the heavy machinery or equipment has reached the facility, it needs to be picked up, moved around, and adequately set up too. Cranes come in really handy for these purposes. And since cranes have an important role to play, crane Rail Installation plays an important role in such industries as well.
Crane Rail Installation Techniques and Standards
Accurate installation of the crane rail is the primary requirement for such heavy machinery and associated industries. Selection of the most appropriate rail and fixing of the same is a critical issue to ensure integrity, and longevity of the crane rail system. It requires expertise and skilled workers also. At Technomax, we have a reliable, highly skilled, and experienced team that can help you with the installation, maintenance, and inspection of cranes. More about it later though. Let us now talk about Crane Rail Installation standards in detail.
The crane rail installation has its own standards and techniques. For the very basics, technicians must check rails, bolts, splints, etc. before the installation process, and if there is any crack, corrosion, or irregular specifications, the same must be replaced immediately.
- Crane Terminology- 10 Industrial Crane Terms That You Should Know
- Understanding The Difference Between Chain and Wire Rope Hoists
- Dynamic Balancing Services in UAE
Standard Specifications for Crane Rail Installation
The standards specifications for the crane rail installation are as under:
- The wear and defects should not exceed 3mm.
- The horn should be in close contact with the main beam of the track and the crane.
- The horn of each stage should not exceed 20 pieces.
- The length of the horn should not be more than 100mm.
- The width should be between 10mm to 20mm
- wider than the bottom of the track.
- The distance between the two blocks should not be more than 200mm.
- The beam must be firmly welded, and the actual contact between the horn and the track section is not less than 60 percent of the nominal contact area.
- The rail joint can be made as a straight head or as a 45-degree angled joint.
- In cold areas, during the winter season Crane Rail Installation, the gap of the joints must be between 1 to 2mm.
- And when the temperature is above 20 degrees centigrade, the gap should be considered between 4 to 6mm.
- A stop baffle must be installed at the end of the track to prevent the crane from derailing from both ends.
- The deviation between the actual centerline of the track and the geometric centerline of the track should not exceed 3mm.
Procedure for Crane Rail Installation
As we all know crane rail is the fundamental component of a crane installation procedure. Cranes require smooth and continuous rail tracks for carrying heavy loads and trouble-free operations. Accurate installation is imperative, the selection of the most appropriate rail and fixing of the same is a critical issue to ensure the integrity and longevity of the crane rail system. Optimum design and material are used in the installation procedure. The experts and skilled managers designed the following procedure step by step for Crane Rail Installation:
- Firstly drill the pre-embedded anchor bolts, Anchor bolts are used for the subsequent fixing of the iron soleplate.
- Laying the iron sole plate on the crane track subgrade and fix it with anchor bolts.
- Crane rail clips welding-weld the base of the crane rail clip on the iron soleplate.
- Crane rail welding is carried out by the thermal rail welding method.
- Align the rail with crane rail alignment tools to make crane rail alignment tolerances meet crane rail installation requirements.
- Compete for the fixing of the crane rail clips by placing the bolts in the hole in the base, installing the rail clip, slat washer, and nut to make the crane rail clip closer to the rail.
- The crane rail installation procedure is completed.
Visit Here for any installation and maintenance services of industrial cranes.