Tower Crane Installation Method Statement
This Tower Crane Installation Method Statement establishes the sequence and explains the control processes to be followed.
Crane tower assembly
When it comes to cranes and maneuvers used to assemble, disassemble, and hoist a tower crane, it's essential to follow the safety and protection guidelines and maintain strict control over each step. The tower crane being built once the components have been unloaded on the construction site. This procedure entails erecting and mounting the crane on its foundations and location in order for it to perform the function for which it was designed.
All suggestions in the manufacturer's manual must be followed by the assembly and disassembly staff, which must be supplemented by written instructions from the professional in charge of the assembly (university professional or technician with experience in assembling tower cranes, you can opt for Technomax’s crane installation services in Abu Dhabi).
The following information regarding the crane must be included in the written order issued by the responsible professional:
- Brand, type, and model are all important considerations.
- Initial and final mounting heights in meters.
- Pen and counter-feather lengths are measured in millimeters.
- A variety of factors, including the required air counterweight's location, size, and mass.
- The initial and final weights' characteristics (geometry, dimensions, mass, and ordering).
- The lifting cable has a number of branches.
- A portion of the conductors and the supply voltage
- If the level of autonomy is exceeded, the bracing program will be implemented.
How does the crane installation process take place?
Because cranes and maneuvers require stable circumstances, the following must be completed before beginning the assembly of a tower crane:
· The study of foundation soil mechanics.
· The basal ballasts and aerial counterweights can be made of metallic, concrete, or bulk materials. Still, they must be kept in a closed and sealed metallic box, according to the crane installation manual's technical standards. The mass of the counterweights and ballasts created by blocks must be indicated by a mark printed in easily legible letters. The mass of the counterweight to be used must be checked each time the crane is erected, and these must always be fastened to the tower crane's structure.
The right construction and consolidation of the anchors. The construction of foundations that efficiently convey the maximum amount of gas to the ground must be estimated and developed by qualified university specialists. Rails and other road elements must be installed according to the manufacturer's instructions, and rail fastening must be adequate for the materials of the structure that supports them.
Tower crane safety precautions
The following tolerances will be allowed in the initial crane installation of the straight and horizontal roads when cranes and maneuvers are used:
Longitudinal leveling: The surface of the same line of rails must be free of imperfections more than 1/1000 of the track width.
Transverse leveling: The height difference between the two lines of rails on the same track should not exceed 1/1000 of the track's width.
How to build a tower crane?
The distance between the axis is:
- The gauge and tolerances must match those specified in the crane manufacturer's instructions. The head of each rail must be located between two parallel vertical planes with a separation equal to the nominal width of the head plus 5 mm.
- The slope between rail junctions should be no more than 2 mm.
- Separation of rail joints: Determined based on the rail's dilatation calculation.
- The maximum transverse leveling of each rail's foot should be 3 / 1,000, about a horizontal plane.
- The state of the translation track: The flat surface of the rail's head must be centered on the plane of symmetry.
When exposed to the wind, rolling tower cranes must have suitable means of immobilization to avoid any movement. These devices must be set up by the instructions in the manufacturer's manuals.
Tower crane installation process
Assembly Procedure: In general, the tower crane installation process begins with the construction of the tower's base, followed by the installation of the first section, which includes the diagonals that connect it to the base and a portion of the basal ballast, and finally, the slide. Find the cabin and the tower head.
The pen and counter jib is then attached. More basal ballast is added after the final counterweight is installed. The crane's boom is used to install new parts until the crane reaches its final height.
A system in which the tower-cabin-head unit is narrower in section than the rest of the shaft is another option to enhance the height. The open-sided new portion is overlaid on the tower that surrounds the top unit.
Then it climbs up into this newly armed portion.
Steps for the assembly of a tower crane
- The climbing equipment is prepared after the cart and the basal ballast has been assembled.
- The climbing equipment is positioned on the tower's base section.
- The rotating portion, which includes the turning track, cabin, tower head, and ascending portion, is put together and joined to the assembly tower.
- The counter jib has been installed.
- The crane hook is used to secure the tower section to the mounting crosspiece.
- The climbing system's components. The support sleeper, the assembly tower, and the hydraulic equipment
The crane installation systems have significantly improved throughout time in order to make the process faster, more pleasant, and simpler, lowering the cost of the operation.
All of the assemblies are put together using quick joints that don't require any prior alignment.
Technomax has an established track record of associating with some of the industry's most prestigious names. Their on-time, cost-effective, and transparent services are just a few of the compelling reasons to work with them. When it comes to Industrial Crane Installation in Abu Dhabi and other services like Maintenance, Condition Monitoring, and Machinery Diagnostic Services, Distribution of Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation Products, and Stocking and Supply of Maintenance, Repair, and Operation Spare Parts, Technomax is the name to remember.
Their skilled and devoted team works tirelessly to attain perfection to provide best-in-class products and crane installation in Abu Dhabi and other crane-related services. Technomax is pleased to provide their mechanical, structural, and electrical knowledge to help you with your crane installation in Abu Dhabi. They offer professional specialists, a wide range of expert services, and high-quality bespoke or component-built cranes. You can count on them because they have over 15 years of experience in the overhead crane sector.
They place a strong emphasis on customer service, so you can trust them to meet your needs and surpass your expectations. They can assist you with everything you require!