Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes or RTG Cranes are mobile systems that can move/stack storage containers easily. Like conventional gantry cranes, they operate on the railway system and are used in the locations like stockyards, where box-shaped containers are deployed. They make intermodal operations easy– the containers can be useful in other modes of transport, for instance from ship to rail and then truck.
It doesn’t demand the cargo to be unloaded and reloaded, due to which they are used extensively across industries. They are used to build huge unbalanced structures, assemble big manufacturing parts, lift concrete beams, and cylindrical parts, and in positioning pipelines.
RTG cranes are designed to serve space-saving container terminals with high-grade container handling performance. We pay great attention to detail with the advanced core of the lifting components such as motors, controls, and gear reducers. You can find them available in hybrid, diesel, electric power and active load control that prevents sway, and many other competitive features.
Read more about:
- Maximising Plant Productivity Through Machinery Diagnosis
- Keeping it on the rails: The Importance of Overhead Crane Runway/Rail Inspections
- Electrical Preventive Maintenance and Scalable Services
Why Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes?
- Amazing Anti-sway characteristics
- High-end visibility with accurate spreader positioning that avoids head block
- Superior productivity when compared to the alternative designs
- Best performance even under high winds
- Ideal automation design
- Low maintenance, energy, and spare parts costs
- Zero spreader side shift due to the simultaneous motion
- Auto steering and anti-collision system
- Remote access and destination control
Increased Significance of Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes
With the rigid steel structure of the cranes, we help to make smooth movements even under increased speed. Our high-quality standards with minimum downtime and ease of maintenance, help to scale throughput for each RTG unit. The precise control that utilizes continuous drive motion eliminates a side shift or head block.
Your decision to choose Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes will help you with the following:
- Lowers your operating costs
- Prepares your business to be automation-ready
- Creates better opportunities to utilize connected crane that uses operational data
- Helps to reduce carbon emissions through eco-efficiency.
The cranes fitted with the multiple spreaders are designed to meet your requirements for various lifting conditions. We make certain that the crane offers a 360° steering to make the movements most flexible.
- The RTGs with a standard dual-speed diesel engine incorporate a carefully designed drive system-–their engines switch to idle mode while it doesn’t demand full power. This rescues the overall fuel consumption which is advantageous compared to the traditional rubber tyre gantry cranes.
- A variable-speed engine offers load-dependent optimal power levels. This can minimize the engine speed based on demand. The drive system of RTGs makes sure there is precise control over the complete process letting you save costs on fuel consumption.
- A full-electric RTG solution is completely designed to perform electric operations and you may retrofit it. The power on RTG is generated to the grid; this means the energy costs get reduced to a great extent. Its options could be a conductor bar system or a cable reeling drum.
- When you fit the Electric RTGs with a full diesel generator, an auxiliary generator lets the movements along the stacks be easier. The energy storage option helps you to maintain great savings with no loss in productivity. You can use the stored power from the reserve when you need it, and the minimized reliance on diesel engines helps you make huge fuel savings.
How does it work?
A conventional gantry crane was used to mount a roadway or a railway. It lowered a cable that is connected to the hook points upon the storage containers. Crane then lifts the container, further moving it to stack or loaded to the trailers for the shipping process.
The rubber tyre gantry crane also works based on a similar principle – the exception is that the entire rig can be moved from one location to the other in line with the fixed traditional cranes. Also, the crane above the rig is movable.
This crane is ideal in situations that need emergency response to make temporary storage yards for the containers. Since the crane is highly mobile, you can move it to a remote location, and load, or unload the shipping containers.
Under emergencies, the portable gantry crane can eliminate loads from trucks or trains. In certain cases, you may use cranes or trains. In certain occasions like natural disasters or hurricanes, the cranes can take off the whole rail cars from the railways, if required.
The gantry cranes can be transported to the yard once you finish the task. This mobile design makes it suitable for use in many container yards without having to invest in conventional crane equipment for every single yard.
Why choose Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes?
We ensure that our gantry cranes are structurally efficient, reliable and robust that develop seamless operation throughout the entire lifecycle. We enable the precise, controlled and small movement of these components for durability. The various modes of operation offer straight motion, oblique movement, 90-degree lateral motion, forward swing, pivot steering, and retral swing.
With a decade’s experience, Technomax creates constructive partnerships with clients through modernized equipment and the best quality control system. Our amazing engineering team has great experience in crane design and offers custom lifting solutions based on the client’s demands for equipment.
We sell all kinds of rubber-tyred gantry cranes at reasonable costs. You may choose the most suitable RTGs that fit your budget and solve all your needs. Contact us today to know about the latest RTG crane prices!