The gamut of wireless condition monitoring is enormous. There are many perspectives through which wireless condition monitoring can be viewed. Today we will be discussing wireless monitoring on the lines of Condition Monitoring.
Wireless Condition Monitoring
With the advent of digitization in the maintenance protocols of machinery and equipment, wireless condition monitoring has gained substantial momentum in recent times. Wireless sensors for condition monitoring have become a buzzword. It has become a unique method of ensuring health management of the assets of a company.
Wireless monitoring assists the companies to get the optimum utilization from their assets, through reduced downtime, increasing the availability of assets, and reducing the rel; and costs. Let’s take the case of a soft drink manufacturer. If the conveyor belt of a soft drink manufacturing plant goes down for even 15 minutes, the loss in production can incur a huge operational cost for the company. So it is essential to have a proper wireless condition monitoring method to avoid such losses
Benefits of Wireless Conditioning Monitoring
From the above discussion, we can understand that the wireless condition monitoring of a manufacturing unit is of utmost importance. It is an exercise that increases the useful life of the asset so that it can be used to its optimum capacity. Wireless monitoring helps to detect incidents or defects sooner and thus provides room for fixing the same.
It also means that you need to spend less on operation to ensure the overall health of the equipment as condition monitoring does it all for you. Given below are some of the benefits of wireless conditioning monitoring.
- First and foremost, the most crucial benefit of Wireless monitoring is that it can keep track of continuously changing parameters of the health of the machinery and make an effort to send signals about any defects or faults. With the prior intimation, necessary constructive steps can be taken to deter any further damages.
- Wireless monitoring helps in receiving real-time information by using various sensors, in turn, can keep people updated about the overall health of the asset. It is an attempt to provide a comprehensive account of the dos and don'ts of the machinery so that operational managers need not wait for any faulty indications to set alarms.
- Wireless monitoring can be viewed as part of Artificial intelligence and machine learning, IoT in condition monitoring. It is a path of transgression that helps companies reap the benefits of the same by transitioning from reactive to preventive maintenance practice. This helps companies to abstain from unnecessary equipment failure and consequently helps in saving a large sum of money, proving to be a cost-effective endeavor. Wiring Monitoring is designed to forget the traditional maintenance practices and view the maintenance practice through a contemporary prism of thought, which has real-time implications.
- Wireless monitoring has challenged the archaic ways of asset health management. It is now being integrated with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), It is a new era of digitized planning and maintaining the health of the equipment so that companies can be ready with their remedial actions, beforehand.
- It is a natural reflex of most companies to reduce their overall downtime in the production process, so that there may not be any exponential business repercussions due to unwanted faults or glitches in the machinery.
- Wireless monitoring scans the machines and tries to detect any changes or deviations from their conventional functioning so that sufficient time can be provided for taking corrective measures. It is a fantastic way to reduce the costs incurred due to unwanted and unplanned downtime, which impact the profit margins of the companies.
The scale and quality of production are directly proportional to the condition of the machinery and equipment in the production plant. Faulty machinery can drain cash from the account and also maybe deliver adequate returns to scale. Not only does that affect the potential profit margin of the business, but it can potentially disrupt delivery schedules and agreements with the clients. Wireless monitoring is an evasive way to ensure that no profits are hampered, and delivery is done on time. It is also an excellent quality control so that the best products can be shipped to the market.
Wireless monitoring aids in enhancing the lifespan of components of machinery and also the overall expected useful life of the asset. It is not only cost-effective but a way to reap the optimal benefits from the equipment and plant. Research states that wireless monitoring can save as much as 40% of the operational costs, if the defects that have been detected earlier, get fixed. By dint of wireless monitoring, the overall productivity is increased, and so is the expected lifespan of the machinery.
Wireless condition monitoring has considerably reduced the operators’ time of monitoring the proper functioning of the assets. Today's world is unique and fast. Everything is about "this moment". Wireless condition monitoring does it all. It is a real-time and cost-effective technology that must be adopted by production and manufacturing units to ensure high productivity.