EOT Crane UAE: The concept
These cranes can lift both heavy and lightweight goods.
EOT Crane UAE: Types
1. Single Girder EOT Cranes
The single-girder EOT cranes are lighter than the double-girder ones, and they have just one main bridge. They primarily are used for short-period work, and they help lift light-duty loads; to be precise, a single one can lift about 1 to 20 tons of load with the help of single girder EOT cranes. They are manufactured in both - the top-running and the under-running models.
2. Double Girder EOT Cranes
Double Girder cranes are primarily used to lift extremely heavy weights. They are the most cost-effective option when compared with single-girder cranes and are capable of lifting even heavier weights. They are also compatible with wide pans. They mainly have two main bridges, and this makes them robust and sturdy in nature.
EOT Crane UAE: How does it work?
The EOT crane works by electricity, and it can be operated with the help of either the driver or the pendant (remote control). The crane is capable of lifting 500 tonnes within a span of 60 meters. The universal coupling mechanism has been incorporated in these cranes to facilitate both installation and adjustment.
The instrument consists of only four active and driven wheels, and if the weight that has to be lifted is a lot more, then the wheel pressure is reduced. The articulated frame device will distribute it among the four wheels so that the importance doesn’t pressurize only a particular spin.
EOT Crane UAE: WHICH CRANE SHOULD YOU CHOOSE – SINGLE GIRDER OR DOUBLE GIRDER
A common misconception is that double-girder cranes are more durable. As Per the industry standards (CMMA/DIN/FEM), both single and double girder cranes are equally rigid, solid and stable. This is only because single-girder cranes use much stronger girders than double-girder cranes.
The significant difference between single-girder and double-girder cranes is the lifting height. Generally, the double girder cranes provide better lifting height. Single girder cranes are cost-efficient in many ways. Here only one cross girder is required, the trolley is more straightforward, the installation is faster, and the runway beams cost lesser due to the lighter crane dead weight. The building costs are also lower.
However, most importantly, not every crane can be a single girder crane. If the crane is more than 20 tons and the span is more than 30m, then a double girder crane is a better way to go.
EOT Crane UAE: How do Single Girder Cranes Work?
- Single girder bridge cranes usually have a maximum span of up to 50 feet with a maximum lift of up to 15 to 50 feet.
- They can handle 1 to 15 tonnes with bridge speeds approaching a maximum of 200 feet per minute, the trolley speeds up to nearly 100 fpm, and hoist speeds ranging from 10 to 60 pm
- They are the candidates for light to moderate service and are cost-effective for use as a standby (not so frequently used) crane.
- Single girder cranes reduce total crane cost on crane components, runway structures, and buildings.
EOT Crane UAE: How to do Double Girder Cranes Work
- Double girder cranes are much faster, with maximum bridge speeds and trolley speeds and hoist speeds approaching 350 fpm, 150 fpm, and 60 fpm, respectively.
- They are helpful cranes for various usage levels ranging from infrequent, intermittent use to continuous severe service. They can lift up to 100 tons.
- These can be utilized at a capacity where an extremely high hook lift is needed because the hook can be pulled up in between the girders.
- They are also highly suited where the crane needs to be fitted with walkways, crane lights, cabs, magnet cable reels, or some other special equipment.
EOT Crane UAE: The working principle
There are primarily three working movements of EOT Crane- crane hook up and down lifting, lateral trolley movement, and the crane long travelling longitudinal motion.
The motor exhibits a high driving force of the hoisting mechanism. This transmits the power to the high-speed shaft end. The ring gear then transmits the driving force, and then with the help of the pulleys and wire ropes, the crane hook is driven up and down. In the same way, the half-gear coupling, joint, and compensation shaft will help rotate the trolley wheels.
EOT Crane UAE: Under-running cranes
Under-running or underslung cranes are distinguished because they are supported by the roof structure and the run on the bottom flange of runway girders. When running, cranes are typically available in standard capacities of up to 10 tons (unique configurations of up to 25 tons and over 90-foot spans).
The underhung cranes offer excellent side approaches, and tight headroom and can also be supported on runways hung from existing building members if done adequately.
EOT Crane Installation:
The crane installation procedures and time will be presented. Everything that happened after signing the crane purchase contract and the arrival of the crane installation in your unit will be given to start the installation. The Full form of EOT is an Electric Overhead Travelling Crane; Technomax provides best-in-class services for crane installation in Abu Dhabi; the crane crew should know about your installation or construction site before installing the crane.
The summary is intended to help you install your crane within the total production budget. Your workers are safe, no matter if it is the first time you have installed the crane or have done many work crane installation instructions.
Preparation before installing the EOT crane
The installation of the crane must be considered at the beginning of the purchase of the crane. When requesting information about the crane, the crane builder will install the crane in the crane design, reviewing construction designs or floor plans to provide the best crane design for your application.
The installation team will provide a window or time window to show how the crane installation is completed. Crane installation typically takes 2 to 10 business days or longer for more complicated installations. The crane installation is built consecutively once the preparatory work has been done with all the tools, installation equipment, and materials ready.
Approximately one month after the project's completion date, the installation team will contact the customer or general contractor to contact the required parts. The following elements must be established: Presentations between the crane installation team and the general contractor or the team involved during the installation.
Make an appointment to leave and carry out an analysis of the workplace or facility.
Set an estimated date for crane installation. Keep in mind that the crane installation process is smooth, resulting in a change in the completion date due to crane manufacturing schedules and construction delays.
Set up a weekly status report to determine if the crane project is still on schedule. With the help of an open communication line, any problems or challenges are solved to ensure crane installation time. Before installing the crane, the installation team will visit and analyze the proposed building or crane location to assess the general condition of the building, including the building's bearings, layout, identification of potential hazards and obstacles, etc.
Assessment of the scope of the work for crane Installation in Abu Dhabi
- Area of the installation site of the crane.
- Identify potential hazards and obstacles.
- Condition of existing slopes or newly built slopes.
- Purpose of job evaluation
After receiving the crane purchase order contract offered by the crane manufacturer, the crane installation team will contact you and arrange your workplace visit and meet your group.
The crane installation team will review all signed approval drawings and building impressions to understand the space they will be working in and evaluate the crane extension and runway structure length.
As a result, a list of equipment and materials will be prepared and taken to the installation site, which may include: semi-trailers, trailers and flatbeds, mobile installation cranes to lift the bridge and track beams, generators, lifting platforms, including protection devices against falls. Check the crane installation tools at the bottom for reference.
The crane installation team must identify access to the building for its equipment and materials. Overhead cranes will be loaded onto platform trailers and transported to the installation site. So trucks, mobile cranes, and personnel must have access to enter and exit the building freely, without interruption.
When working with the general contractor or production team at the installation, the installation team must be fully aware of the time for the crane installation, and what production or construction problems may occur that may cause a delay in the planning of the crane installation.
Assessment of the installation position of the overhead crane
The evaluation of the installation position of the crane will take some time. The team must be aware of information about installing power and gas lines, concrete or other masonry, plumbing, lighting, HVAC / pipeline work, and roofing work for the crane installation team.
The crane installation team will also identify obstacles, such as equipment or machinery blocking your path so that your trucks and equipment can enter the facility's terrain, set up a rest area, and have free and unobstructed access to the ground.
During the site visit, the crane installation team will ensure that all subcontractors fully understand the program and that other work around them is carried out during installation. This program covers the following:
|1||Installation of the electricity and gas lines|
|2||Concrete work or other masonry work in progress|
|4||Sewer work/roof work|
For a crane entering an existing building structure, they will be isolated or marked so that the installation area will be kept or even tied, such as spraying or marking load ratings on the floor and structural supports, etc.
The crane installation team also notes any obstacles they may need to get around and takes photos of the building layout to share with their team to develop a workable plan. Barriers must be observed:
- Identify the type of floor (concrete, dirt, etc.).
- Understand the load requirements for transporting heavy equipment and trucks.
- Identification of load requirements for structural support beams for existing tracks.
- What system or machine part will be operational during the installation process?
Which employees, if any, will work near or around the area?
Assessment of potential hazards
The crane installation team will identify all potential hazards and obtain the necessary specialized protection (PPE) for your staff, specialized licenses, and other special considerations to ensure safety during crane installation.
Hazard types must be identified before installing an overhead crane Installation:
|Energy sources||overhead power or gas lines, energy / conductive bars, lamps, etc.|
|Traffic sources||Forklifts, semi-trailers, trucks, personal vehicles, pedestrian paths, pedestrian traffic, etc.|
|Working at height||Anything above 4 feet, ladders, and scaffolding require adequate fall protection|
|Hazardous energy||Identify all equipment that requires blocking/tagging in accordance with OSHA 1910.147 Any additional risks identified by the customer or the installation team.|
Evaluate the crane track system
The installation team will assess the crane's track system to plan the crane installation. Both the newly installed track and the existing one must be evaluated in advance.
- Evaluation of the existing slope system:
- Verify the width measurement according to the approval drawing.
- Inspecting the tracks and electrification system to ensure everything is aligned correctly for malfunction and premature wear of crane components can result from misalignment.
- Evaluation of the new slope system
- Review all approval drawings and specifications,
- Check measurements and support load ratings,
- Identify any process lines, machinery, or other systems that could interfere with the installation.
- Check the building's power supply and all electrical work
- Respect the crane installation date
There are many moving parts and parts - all of which must be coordinated to install an overhead crane.
All teams involved should be informed about the crane installation program, such as trucks and drivers, mechanical installers and assemblers, assemblers, crane operators, electrical and crane technicians, etc. Once the installation schedule is agreed upon, everything starts to move forward in full swing to coordinate logistics, transport working hours, materials, and equipment.
Upon agreement or contract with the installation team, it will specify that if any delay occurs within the cancellation period of 7 to 30 days, you will incur significant costs related to the payment of employee salaries and equipment rental. Therefore, proper communication with the crane installation team and prompt treatment of any problems or concerns during the installation period are essential.
Technomax is a leading crane service provider offering excellent EOT Crane Installation and Maintenance services in Abu Dhabi. It consists of knowledgeable, trained, and qualified professionals dealing with EOT Crane Installation and Maintenance in Abu Dhabi.
We at Technomax ensure that your crane has the highest lifecycle value, thus minimizing operating costs. If you are looking for an experienced, skilled, and successful team for EOT Crane Installation and Maintenance in Abu, you can employ our services.
EOT Crane Installation and Maintenance Services
Electric Overhead Crane is one of the most common types of crane. It is also known as a bridge crane, an overhead crane consisting of parallel runways with a travelling bridge spanning the gap. Typically, EOT cranes are powered by electricity.
To meet our customers' increasing requirements in terms of professional technical knowledge, and rapid service availability for problems that require immediate attention, we provide crane repair services for repairs and maintenance of high-tech EOT cranes that include preventive maintenance and maintenance solutions for the complete assembly. This ensures there are no unexpected breakdowns.
For the timely and precise service of your valuable investment, your EOT Cranes in Abu Dhabi, you can rely on us.
Reliability and upkeep are part of our daily lives.
Keeping this in mind, we assume the responsibility of maintaining the customer's material handling equipment and machinery through a Preventive Maintenance Contract that aims to prevent equipment breakdowns and failures before they occur.
All types of EOT & HOT cranes are manufactured and serviced, such as single girder EOT cranes, double girder EOT cranes, portal cranes, mobile portal cranes, monorail cranes, goliath cranes, jib cranes, and good lifts. So, for Turn Key Projects of different dimensions, you can depend on us.
As we always keep an inventory of spare parts and a reserved workforce for immediate action, you can rely on us for your strategic modification design and shutdown operations.
You can also call us for our "24/7 Breakdown" service at any time.
By opting for our EOT Crane Installation and Maintenance services and upkeep solutions, you can be assured of your EOT cranes' break-free functionality.
Here's what we can offer you at Technomax concerning
- All types of cranes, including crane rail and monorail crane systems and EOT (Electrical Overhead Travelling) crane maintenance, are tested, installed, maintained, and serviced.
- Full, semi, portable, and adjustable Gantry crane installation and maintenance.
- We do Crane Inspection, Crane Reliability Survey, Crane Refurbishment, and Crane Up-gradation services after proper background checks and analysis. This will prolong the service life of your crane and increase efficiency and reliability.
- Installation and servicing of the semi-goliath hybrid cranes.
- We provide efficient installation and maintenance services for both types of cranes, the single girder and the double girder cranes.
- Gantry Rail Survey - Tests to avoid abnormal wear of wheel flanges for inappropriately aligned portals.
- For all types of cranes, Technomax offers specialist C-Track rail festooning services.
- Technomax is an expert in replacement and refurbishment specialist for the Crane Busbar System.
- For overhead cranes, we provide load testing services that are essential to ensuring workers' and the workplace's safety.
EOT Cranes Installation
We provide services for all electrical overhead travel (EOT) cranes, such as erection, installation, and commissioning. We got the job completed on time by drawing up a schedule for the erection and structure of the crane and following all the proper safety guidelines. For all the systems we introduce, we carry out sufficient research.
In order to ensure the safety of your employees and have a reliable operation, it is necessary to inspect the system before it starts to operate. Our commitment and passion for what we do have made us the preferred provider of crane services that you can count on.
EOT Cranes Maintenance
Technomax performs proper EOT Crane inspection, Crane Reliability Survey, and Crane Condition Assessment of your existing crane system to detect any faults and schedule the next maintenance cycle so that unnecessary downtime can be avoided. Regular inspections are crucial for reducing downtime, increasing reliability in emergencies, and safety.
Proper inspection and evaluation of the crane system can help you understand whether your system needs to be upgraded. Upgrading the current crane system instead of replacing it with a new one can save about 50 percent of the cost.
A high-level understanding of crane designs and the ability to perform reverse engineering with a high degree of accuracy and analytical capability is what makes us the most sought-after name when it comes to crane upgrade services.
To avoid mishappenings at the site where heavy loads are taken or carried with the aid of cranes, one needs to stick religiously to the process of inspection, erection, and commissioning of EOT cranes.
Let us talk about EOT cranes, the cranes that have been used for decades for handling and moving around the maximum specified weights across all industries. To ensure complete safety and efficient operation of the EOT cranes, proper erection and commissioning are the key.
In this blog, we will talk about the process of erection and commissioning of the EOT cranes and the best practices involved in the same.
Erection of EOT Cranes
The crane should be erected on an unoccupied floor where no industrial or construction work is to be carried out during erection. The size of the floor must ensure free and convenient handling of the crane during the erection period, i.e., setting the crane in an erect position on the floor, turning the suspended crane, etc.
Sequence of an Erection of EOT Cranes
The sequence of erection of EOT cranes is as follows:
- LT rail line installation: LT rail line installation can be done by placing the rails and tightening them in position with the help of clamps, clamp plates, washers, and nuts. Then one can align rails check their position and set them in parallel as per the design and measurement. Record all measurements, then do the final alignment by tightening and fixing all the bolts. At the last install the end stopper.
- Assembly of main girders at ground level: Fix all the platforms with main girders at both sides of the drive and idle side. LT drive assembly is already assembled with the main girders.
- Installation of end carriage & main girder: If there is an 8 8-wheel configuration for the installation of the LT wheels, lift the idle girder with end carriages with the aid of mobile cranes and place them over the LT rails. Then lift the drive girders with end carriages and LT drive machinery in the same way. Thirdly lift the LT connecting beam with the aid of a mobile crane and lock the end carriage with the aid of fasteners. There must be free movement of the end carriages with the main girders on the rails.
- Crab erection: Lift the crab unit with the assembled MH drive assembly, and ensure that the bottom block is removed or folded up on the crab unit. Lift the crab in a vertical position from the idle girder side. After reaching the required height the crab rests two wheels on the CT track and slowly lowers further till all four wheels rest on the CT rail.
- Installation of the platform, hand railing, cabin, ladder, DSL cage, and DSL guard: Check all the components as per the drawings and specifications. Assemble them accordingly, and lift the items one by one for installation as per drawings and specifications.
- Installation of electrical equipment: Lift the panels, and resistance and lay them as per drawings and specification, then fix the mounting plates, brackets, supports, and cable trays. Mount all the switches and prefabricated cable trays as per drawings. Lay all the cables and other electrical equipment as per the drawings. Then our next step is to start and complete the wiring and earthlings on bridges, cabins,s and crabs. We need to properly clamp and dress the cables. The Alignment and wielding of the DSL bracket are done finally. Testing all the power and control cables is essential for continuity and value. Terminate all the cables as per the schedule and ensure the fixing of all cable tags. Plug all the unused openings of entry in panels. Install all earthing conductors and connections as per drawing and schedule. Then the next step is to give supply to the control transformer and check all the sequences of control panels. Fill the oil into gearboxes for greasing purposes.
- Rope reeving: If the rope is not attached to the rope drums, then do it. The rope must be parallel to the reeve. We need a fibre string to be fixed at one end of the wire rope to make it easy. Tightening the rope clamps of the wire ropes onto the drums. Finally, install the lifting beam assembly and that too if applicable.
Commissioning of EOT Cranes
The commissioning procedure of the EOT includes the following steps:
Regular inspection is required every year of the cranes before the commissioning of EOT cranes. We should appoint electricians who are experienced, fitters, crane operators, and other technical personnel to check the crane commissioning process comprehensively. Here are the steps for commissioning EOT Cranes one by one and in brief:
- Firstly one has to perform preliminary checks like electrical checks, mechanical parts checks, and lubrication checks, in all gearboxes, joint bolts, etc.
- Secondly, we need to do pre-commissioning checks for DSL, control panels, motors, and brakes, pre-commissioning checks for VVF drive, if installed, pre-commission checks for radio remote control system, checks for protection and detection of devices and limits switches and other parts of EOT like wheels, floating shafts, gearboxes, drum, lubricant system, control test, sensor, etc.
- Thirdly we need to do an operation check for safety and continuity purposes. It also includes the loading test, which will be static and dynamic.
- Controlling the commissioning procedure of EOT is essential for the benefits of the process.