How do cranes get erected on construction site?
Cranes dot the horizons of metropolitan areas, permanent fixtures in downtowns as structures rise higher and higher. Building skyscrapers would be challenging without construction cranes, but we can erect massive structures with relative ease with cranes. Cranes can move incredibly huge objects into place, allowing construction processes that were inconceivable only a few hundred years ago.
Although most of us encounter cranes on a regular basis, many people are unaware of how the process of crane installation and crane erection takes place.
These days, EOT cranes are the most extensively utilized equipment in the industry. They are the most effective means of transporting large gear or any other object from one location to another. EOT cranes minimize labour costs and need only a one-time investment, but once installed; firms can reap the benefits for a long time.
You can inquire about crane erection techniques with your crane manufacturer in Ahmedabad. In the meanwhile, we can show you how various cranes installation process at multiple industrial sites. Before we go any further, let us explain the many types of cranes that are accessible so that you may better grasp the erection processes and further crane installation processes.
Parts of a Crane
It's helpful to have a clear understanding of the numerous pieces that make up a construction crane and the crane installation process in order to comprehend how it moves. All of these components work together to give a crane its remarkable lifting capacity.
Starting at the bottom of the crane installation and working your way up, you can easily identify all of the pieces, then running your eyes up the length of the crane from the long end to the short end.
- A tower crane is always built on a concrete foundation, which is secured to the ground by anchors.
- The crane rises with the tower, also known as the mast, which is made up of lattice pieces stacked on top of one another from its base.
- The crane includes a turntable at the top of the tower that allows it to revolve 360 degrees.
- Operator's cab: Located near the turntable, the operator's cab provides the crane operator with a clear view of the crane.
- The jib, or long horizontal part of a crane, stretches forward from the cab.
- Trolley and hook block: A trolley with a hook block runs along the jib, allowing loads to be transferred along the crane's length.
- Counter jib and counterweights: The counter jib is located behind the cab, and counterweights are used to stabilize the crane at rest and in motion.
- The main winch and motors are located at the back of the counter jib and allow the long rope to be lowered or raised to hoist heavy objects.
Keep in mind that cranes come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and some will contain elements that aren't included here hence crane installation process of different cranes is different and so is their erection process. A luffing jib crane, for example, has an arm that may rise and lower, whereas a flat top crane lacks the apex and pendant system seen in the crane above.
Self-climbing hydraulic systems are also available on some cranes, allowing them to climb inside as a skyscraper is being built around them.
The primary parts of cranes, on the other hand, are quite similar, and this list will give you a decent idea of the pieces that make up the cranes you see every day.
As the name implies, Mobile cranes are cranes that can be moved from one location to another. The mobile cranes are further classified into the following categories:
- Telescoping Boom Tire Mounted Cranes: These cranes have telescopic booms. These cranes are further subdivided into the following categories:
- Rough Terrain Cranes: This is a crane with a boom-mounted on the upper carriage and a four-wheeled undercarriage. These cranes are made specifically for off-road pickup trucks.
- All-Terrain Cranes: These cranes can be transported on highways and run well on uneven surfaces.
- Crawler Cranes: Crawler cranes are cranes that are mounted on crawler tracks and maybe readily moved about a construction site. Their movement, on the other hand, will be determined by the terrain's state. The crawler cranes are classified as follows:
- Lattice boom crawler cranes
- Telescopic boom crawler cranes
Tower cranes are supported by a single foundation yet have the ability to work over a greater radius.
CRANE ERECTION AT THE SITE
Now that you've learned about the many types of cranes on the market let's look at how these cranes can be appropriately erected.
Working with mobile cranes has a number of advantages, including the fact that the crane installation does not have to be done separately on the job site. However, cranes weighing more than 100 tonnes must be constructed by removing their counterweights, which must be transported separately to the crane.
These cranes may be dismantled and transferred to the company location. The following methods can be used to erect modern crawler cranes:
- Self-assembly: Some crawler cranes have the ability to self-assemble. This basically means that they may be put together without the assistance of humans. They employ the self-assembly process, although it takes a long time.
- Erection with supporting crane: This is one of the most common crane erection techniques, in which one crane requires the assistance of other cranes in order to complete its assembly.
We hope you are now familiar with all of the crane erection techniques. You can contact your crane manufacturer for more particular information.
Technomax has an established track record of associating with some of the industry's most prestigious names, with over 15 years of expertise. Their on-time, cost-effective, and transparent services are just a few of the compelling reasons to work with them.
When it comes to Industrial Crane Installation in UAE and other services like Maintenance, Condition Monitoring and Machinery Diagnostic Services, Distribution of Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation Products, and Stocking and Supply of Maintenance, Repair, and Operation Spare Parts, Technomax is the name to remember.
Their skilled and devoted team works tirelessly to attain perfection in order to provide best-in-class products and crane installation in UAE and other crane related services as well.