Cranes are essential equipment in most industries. They are required to lift and handle heavyweight objects and materials. But with regular use, they are subject to wear and tear. And investing in new cranes now and then can cost heavily to the business. Cranes are like an asset for the firm, and the best part is that they can be upgraded if there is an issue with the equipment. One need not replace the machine. It can be modernized or upgraded as per the requirement of the firm. This is where the role of crane upgradation steps in. To maintain the modern and safety standards in overhead crane they are required to be be upgraded. Crane upgradation is also done for a higher capacity if its production or process has changed or increased. One can take crane upgradation services by consulting a reliable crane service provider.
When is a crane upgradation required?
Crane upgradation simply means that there is a change in the production and manufacturing process of the company. The reasons why a crane upgradation is required is when-
- The material’s load is increased- If the crane were lifting a weight of 10000 lbs earlier and is now lifting a weight of 20000 lbs, it would undoubtedly require a crane upgrade to lift the material’s increased importance.
- The type of material is changed- Usually, the crane is used to lift only the kind of material that the company uses, but if the company uses a new type of material, that requires a below the hook device. Then it might need crane upgradation.
- The frequency of lifting the objects has increased- Crane upgradation might also be required where the number of shifts has increased, or the crane is being used more frequently than before.
Such changes can lead to wear and tear of the crane in the long run. If they are over-utilizing the equipment for more than its capacity, then the equipment can be damaged and put excess strain. And the cost to get it repaired or replaced can be hefty, which can disturb the company’s estimate. This indicates that it is time for crane upgradation, which can be cost-effective and sustainable. The crane upgradation services can be taken to prevent the crane system from frequent repairs and shutdowns.
Benefits of crane upgradation
Increased productivity, better control, and fast operation are just a few benefits of crane up-gradation. Crane up-gradation is very beneficial for the industries as it helps to save cost and enhances efficiency. With time, it is necessary to bring changes in the way we work. With regular use, the crane parts become obsolete and may not work that efficiently as required. So, crane upgradation is a must. There might also be a scenario where the company is experiencing shutdowns, and the work is lagging because of crane performance. One might consider a crane upgrade here as well. Let’s look through some of the benefits of crane upgradation.
- One of the benefits of crane upgradation is the saved cost, which would otherwise be three-fold if the crane had to be replaced. Also, the more old the equipment is, the better it is in terms of designing the components. But with changing times, what can be done is to modernize or upgrade the crane, which can save a lot of money, and the crane will also remain intact. And the issue of productivity or failure will also be resolved.
- Another advantage is the mechanical upgrade. Instead of replacing the whole crane system, upgrading or modernizing the crane parts, one can increase its productivity and life span. Many parts of the crane are not available after specific years, which creates a problem to find their replacement. With crane up-gradation, these old parts can be replaced with their modern counterparts so that the spare parts are readily available in the future. With mechanical up-gradation, one will require less maintenance and a more efficient crane system.
- Crane upgradation or modernization also helps protect the environment and reduce the carbon footprint by reducing the amount of waste generated if the whole crane system is replaced. Crane up-gradation will be an environmentally friendly option.
- It enhances the material handling abilities- with the changing needs, the company’s material handling requirements will also change. And with new technology, the customers' demands and expectations also increase. Crane up-gradation ensures that the company's material handling requirements are met efficiently.
- Crane upgradation also ensures better control, which leads to the efficient functioning of the crane system. Crane systems act as the operation’s brain and are among the most critical aspects of an overhead crane. With structural and mechanical advancements to the crane technology, the crane can work efficiently and smoothly.
What parts of the crane can be upgraded or modernized?
There are certain parts of the crane that can be upgraded, and efficiency can be increased.
- Crane Control Systems
- Brake Systems
- Hoist, Trolley, and Gear Box
- End Trucks and Wheels
- Electrification Systems
- Structural and Runway Components
How long does it take to upgrade the crane system?
Depending on the project’s scope and how many cranes are scheduled to be upgraded, it can take anywhere from 5 to 20 working days to upgrade an overhead crane system.
It becomes imperative to get your equipment modernized or upgraded to enhance productivity and efficiency with changing technology. If you feel that the crane system is no more extended meeting your requirements or requires a lot of maintenance and repair, most of your concerns can be sought by crane upgradation. So, what are you waiting to see if your equipment requires a crane upgrade?
Get in touch with us for any kind of Crane Upgradation Services